Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Revolutionize Classroom Posters and Bulletin Boards with QR Codes

Mission:  

To make old posters in my classroom more interactive and interesting.

Tech Edventure:  

In this previous post, I talked about how I placed QR codes on every word on my vocabulary word wall.  This school year I plan on doing something similar, but to many of the posters in my classroom.  I'll have four or five iPads in my room and students will be able to scan these posters if they have free time.

For example, I have this ancient Bo Jackson reading poster that I proudly display every year.  Sadly, the students have no idea who he is!  



I found a great webpage that gave a brief summary of him and made a QR code that directs to that page.  If you have a QR code reader on your smart phone or tablet, you can even scan this on your computer screen.


Visuals that I plan to add QR codes to at the beginning of this school year:
1.  Native American bulletin board
2.  Math terms poster
3.  Parts of speech pencils


Outcome:

Most teachers will agree that for as much time as it takes teachers to put posters up in their rooms every year, these posters seem to go unnoticed.  By adding QR codes to posters and bulletin boards, students will become more interactive with and learn more and more about the visuals that surround them all year.

3 comments:

  1. Genius! Great idea, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea! Can't wait to try this! I think I'll use this technique on handouts too!
    Hope that you have a fantastic year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...